How to Purchase a Domain Name
Domain names are more important than you think. The perfect website address can be the gateway to your online success. Even with endless TLD possibilities, some top-level domains will always remain premium. If a domain name you’d like is already registered and you don’t know how to purchase a domain name, we can help! We can buy it for you from the aftermarket or help you pick an alternative. We also work with domain investors, helping them sell their name assets for a better price. Here’s how the process works:
The Domain Acquisition Process:
The Pre-Consulting Phase:
- A domain name may be the most noticeable aspect of a company’s brand image. Hence it is essential that you pick one wisely. You can either buy one directly from the web hosting provider or through a separate domain name service. But when the domain name’s already registered, and the seller isn’t too keen to sell, clients contact us to learn how to purchase a domain name.
The Initial Consulting Phase:
- During this phase, our domain experts help clients pick up names that are related to their industry and are more likely to serve them well. We brainstorm with you to come up domain name choices, as well as spelling variations. Domain names should be easy to type, easy to remember, and must be search engine-friendly.
The Research Phase:
- This involves checking who owns the domain and verifying its past reputation. We also make sure that the domain name isn’t trademarked or is similar to an existing site. We’ll also evaluate the domain to learn how much it’s really worth.
Contacting The Seller:
- We’ll contact the seller for you, making sure your identity remains anonymous.
- Undoubtedly this the most critical aspect of the deal. Our job involves negotiating a fair price and getting the domain owner to agree to your offer. And when they do, we make sure that everything is down on paper quickly so that there’s little to no chance of the seller backing out.
- Our job doesn’t end with negotiation. We help clients during the transfer, including opening an escrow to transfer the funds and making sure that everything promised in the deal is honored. All of this is done before the domain is registered. The escrow is closed only when clients give us the go ahead.
The Domain Divestment Process
The Valuation Process:
- Every domain sale begins with evaluating the domain price. Some domain names are worth thousands of dollars, but a majority of them are not as valuable as you think. Our valuation helps you set a realistic price.
Look For Potential Buyers:
- This involves researching potential buyers and brainstorming ideas to market the site. We’ll create a list of possible targets and contact them for you.
- We’ll negotiate with the prospective buyer and convince him to buy the domain name at a reasonable price.
- After the buyer agrees to the price, we’ll help you with the funds transfer as well, making sure that the buyer keeps his side of the promise.
Looking for information on how to buy a domain name? Call us for more information.